Friday, May 11, 2007

Then there's this



Sick cat. Cisco. Man. This has been a long hard road. He started going downhill- couldn't quite figure it out. Took him to the vet. Figured it was something my other cat had a year ago. Cisco is a very big brutus type cat; thought okay, it just brought him down. But we medicated him -didn't work. Then he went further downhill. Lethargic -and this, an extremely active cat. He started using his own private litter box. Then he started losing his appetite, drank a lot of water, then stopped drinking water -and licking concrete. googled that symptom: Liver and Renal failure - Oh my goodness -he is sick! Called the vet. They said; he's been bitten by a dog today, he's here by himself -but he'll still see you. Okay I feel bad, but my cat is going to die. I left work -as I drove the 30 miles home..... I was certain I wouldn't make it in time. I found Cisco laying in the exact same spot, as he was, 24 hours ago. I grabbed him up and off to the vet. This became quite an event. I wanted to weigh him. He was turning to a bag of bones. I did.....but something happened on the scale. As I went to pick him up (I'm in the room by myself) he turned on me. Like a Pit Bull. He's a CAT!! It was like I was breaking up a cat fight with an imaginary cat!! Terrified and all, but worried to death -the vet and his tech's rescued me. They sedated him -did the full blood work. The next day, I have to see my physician; tetanus and round of Cipro for my wounds. Wish I had a pic -it was unbelievable. He's a CAT! Lisa from the vets' office called -said Liver and Kidney values high.... dvm is doing some research will talk to me tomorrow. TOMORROW ?? !!! Yes, he had eaten a recalled cat food brand. It wasn't recalled until after the first visit.
Poisoned! I'm beside myself in anger, sadness, fear.... my boyfriend saw me driving down the road... pulled me over to say my mom was trying to call me; answer the phone.
They sent me to a wonderful pharmacist, the following day. (Doug at Medicine Shoppe.) He made Cisco's medicines into Chicken Shake's.(a word I made up-they compound the medicines with real chicken and a shake like substance) I just fill the syringes and each day - I wrap him up real good (for safety) and I get the full doses in him! 5 syringes! Plus one of pedialyte that I fill as necessary.
As of May 10th, he has turned for the better. I still have days and days of medication to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home