Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Morning Post




I am listening to Classic Vinyl on Sirius. It rocks, pardon the pun. They are broadcasting remotely from the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. Cleveland happens to be one of my favorite places, for that reason. Twice I've been to the Hall of Fame, and each time I was there longer than 5 hours. Some say they go in, see what there is to see, and are out in a couple of hours. They are also the same critics that say it's not worth it. (the price of admission) Those are the people that don't get the full depth of the experience. They may be the later mentioned sports fans, that would find Canton blissful. I'd be bored to tears in Canton!
Happily for me, both times I've attended, were with folks that love the rock 'n roll experience. Music moves me. I can be in different parts of the Hall of Fame, and you'll find me either; very serious, with goose bumps, tears in my eyes or smiling bright. The Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland is also a joy to experience. By the way; This is where you'll find the Fleetwood Mac displays that are missing from the Hall of Fame. I'd have to investigate it a bit, but apparently The Mac had some issues with their induction. They were inducted in 1998(Jan 12th.) Why is their material at the Hard Rock Cafe instead of the H o F ?
Fleetwood Mac has to be my all-time favorite 70's band. I've seen the band together twice, and Stevie solo on three or four other occasions. (Memphis 1983, Lexington 1986, and don't recall the other places/dates, without dragging out ticket stubs.) Stevie Nicks is part of my existence. For so many years, I listened to her daily and sang her songs with the heart of personal experience. At Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, 1987, I met Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. I was brought a backstage pass into the audience. I was invited backstage, according to this man, by Stevie Nicks. I remember so clearly that night, her and I sang all of her songs as if we were together in a room alone, full of people. Meeting Fleetwood Mac was exhilirating. Lindsey wasn't there, but I met the rest of the band.

Rhiannon is a horse Goddess and the "maker of birds," and the legend of the song of the birds of Rhiannon goes as follows: In times of hardship or pain, the song of the birds can be heard. Down the pathway will come three singing birds, one snow white, one emerald green, and one golden. The song of the birds will put you to sleep, and when you awaken, all hardship and pain will be gone.

In fact, the cities I enjoy most are music oriented. Memphis, Nashville & Cleveland. I would enjoy living in any of the three. Instead I'm somewhere south of Dayton, heading to Cincinnati. Cincinnati is without soul. It is a city of nostalgic nothing. Yes people that are true Reds & Bengals fans find it to be rich in sports history. However, I am the music sort -not the sports type, so I find nothing that soothes my soul in Cincinnati.
Dayton is rich in music heritage. There was a time when you could find much music and music history within reach, anywhere around Dayton. Much of that is gone with the lack of nightlife in the city. At times the city was strong with live bands and writers that went on to be successful in various formats.
Classic Vinyl is such a great place to be this early in the day. It has been raining, which we so desperately needed! It is overcast and perfect for finding a great place within the home. However, given the opportunity, I'd like to find myself in Cleveland today. If the miles were shorter between here and there, I'd jump in the car. Instead I'll just experience the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame that is my home.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 03 July, 2007 08:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home