Sunday, June 19, 2005

School Starts

Started school last week. Online, and a little cumbersome. Just takes a little getting used to. However, I am really enjoying the classes. One is ECommerce, which is the sort of class I've wanted to take since I started school, two years ago. The best part is the text book refers to FedEx.com every few pages -and how we've led the industry in that capacity. ECommerce relies on companies such as ours to make it work. My desire is to work at this level, and I'm not having to make comparisons -it's spelled out in textbook form. Also, perks my Purple feathers. In the first two chapters, I've already gained a new level of comprehension. The other is a Research course -and I have a topic! I must use a topic with scientific knowledge to back it up. Great!, that happened just by coincidence. (See: being old, getting in shape.) I have bloodwork from the beginning -the books to reference, that coached my pattern of resolution. Tomorrow, bloodwork to provide a 6 week progress report. Since low carb dieting has been stated to reduce insulin and cholesterol, we'll see... Control those things-and lose weight...cool !! -and I'll have scientific evidence to prove such. Low carb controls my low blood sugar, which in itself, is half of my battle.

It is nice to come home, grab the laptop-get started on assignments, throw a load of laundry in -and be able to study without leaving home, thus getting behind on what needs to be done at home. There is another aspect... 'Open book' allows use of your resources (real-life)thereby not relying on memory to cram for testing. Memory is after all, ram, you go to sleep and lose most of what you gained, by rebooting as you awake in the a.m. Not to mention spending 5 hours in school several times a week takes away from everything your required to maintain your schedule. And, we all have 'those' schedules. This is the way to go -so far. Classmates all over the U.S. Intelligent, new acquaintances.

Did I mention going to the gym 4 to 5 times per week? Nice for stress levels and I've lost 19 lbs !! Love the Elliptical! (with online courses I don't have to forego the gym, in lieu of commute time.)
Lots of people from my work use the same gym, since it is across the street. Kind of the old line from a sitcom, you like to go where everyone knows your name. I love the neighborhood -it was my neighborhood in 1997 -which was one of my better summers-giving it a nostalgic feel. Remember Texas? friends getting signed with Sony records?... that was a good year. Tons of girlfriend time, and a lot of great memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home