Sunday, May 22, 2005

Turning into Good Health

After the dr's appt several weeks ago, when the prognosis was that I was old... I've made several changes. First I've lost 11 lbs. Not stopping there, of course. I've been to the gym every day with the exception of last Wednesday, Monday the week prior. (but I did walk the neighborhood.) I've eaten with moderation and discretion at each meal. I'm on a sample the salad kick. I make different salads at night, with chicken, or steak.... and whatever else sounds good. I also visit resturants to purchase speciality salads, that are within my set guidlines. You see I was blood tested 2 weeks ago, I know my numbers. I'm going back in 4 more weeks to see if the numbers have changed. I'm doing what I know is right, and that is limited carbs. Yes, I have them -salads are carbs.... but no cake, ice cream, or pizza.

My Cubicle friend and I at work, have this mindset. IF you go workout... then you have an added bonus to your life - you can go home, veg, and suffer no guilt !! You can do anything you want after you get home -cause you've already put in a full days work, and done something good for yourself ! It does make the evenings more pleasant. Not to mention the energy lift that working out brings around, You don't veg, even tho' it would be guiltless!

I discovered another well touted piece of information to be 100% accurate this past week. When I went to the gym Thurs, I could make it only 10 mins on the Elliptical. I didn't think I would be able to accomplish that. A few hours earlier, I had said to the Cubicle friend, "I forgot to drink my water." Since the dr's appt, I have filled my 64 oz jug with water, ice, lemon -sometimes a splenda packet and drink it down!! I have no problem working out. The day without water however, was really different. I feel sorry for ya, if you continue to work out, but have yet to discover how beneficial it is, to be fully hydrated. People say "I drink water," sure you do, but do you drink enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home